Normally one of the following • an honours degree in a biological subject, or equivalent • a professional qualification of equivalent standing to the above, for example MIBiol by examination, FIMLS • other qualifications such as an HND, HNC or unclassified degree in a biological subject plus significant relevant work experience Non-native English speakers need to be proficient in English, typically shown by an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Months of entry
Gain the knowledge and skills needed to develop your professional or academic career in pharmacology and biotechnology. You learn key skills needed to work on developing new treatments for diseases.
• Enhance your knowledge of pharmacology and biotechnology.
• Understand the importance of biotechnology in developing effective new treatments for diseases.
• Experience the latest techniques used to study biotechnology using industry standard equipment.
• Develop attributes and skills valued by employers such as practical skills, problem solving, communication and critical analysis.
Information for international students
Visit our website at http://www.shu.ac.uk/international.
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Health and Wellbeing
- 0114 225 5555
- 0114 225 3066