Normally GCSE grade C or Grade 4 in English Language and mathematics and science, or equivalent.
You also need an honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) or equivalent, that includes substantial study in at least one modern foreign language. Or you need to be a native speaker of French, Spanish or German with any degree plus evidence of recent language study.
Months of entry
Convey your skill and enthusiasm for modern languages on this PGCE — gaining advanced qualifications and eye-catching employability.
- Train and become a qualified, competent teacher of key stage 3 to post-16 French, Spanish or German.
- Gain hands-on experience of the school environment with 120 days placement work.
- Attain a masters-level PGCE, or a PCE, along with your Qualified Teacher Status.
- Work in a supportive, collaborative environment, with wide-ranging teaching methods.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Admissions