Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You must hold an honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) or equivalent which includes substantial elements of mathematics study.
Months of entry
Become a fully-qualified mathematics teacher on this PGCE — gaining the skills and confidence you need for both school and college settings.
- Develop the skills to teach National Curriculum mathematics at Key Stages 3 and 4 and at higher level Key Stage 4 and post-16.
- Gain a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) alongside Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Use a range of methods and approaches in order to develop your teaching on school-based work experience placements.
- Enhance your PGCE study on our Mathematics SKE course.
Enhance your knowledge of mathematics-specific pedagogy and skills through university sessions and school-based work. As a national priority subject, you'll be well placed to start a career as a maths teacher upon graduation, and you may be eligible to receive a bursary to train.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Admissions