Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
To complete the course you typically need:
- at least 120 credits at level 6 (or pending results prior to the course starting)
- current registration on part one (nursing) of the Nursing and Midwifery Council-s (NMC) register
- normally at least one year's post-registration experience
- to be working as a community staff nurse working in a community team
- self-declaration of good health and character as required by the NMC
- to have successfully applied for a student district nurse NHS training post
- to have a sponsoring health care organisation and be employed by the NHS for the duration of the course
Months of entry
- Specialise in district nursing and take advantage of career opportunities in this area.
- Apply an understanding of research methods and demonstrate your ability to work in relative autonomy by undertaking a sustained, in-depth piece of independent learning.
This MSc dissertation course is essentially an individual, self-directed piece of work which will be specific to your professional area and interests. It is suitable if you have previously undertaken the Postgraduate Diploma in Specialist Practice District Nursing. The findings of your project can be disseminated to your professional community to improve district nursing practice.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)114 225 5555