Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Normally you need:
- GCSE grade C or Grade 4 in English Language and mathematics and science, or equivalent
- a 2.2 degree or above
Where applicants have achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above in English literature only, we will look for further evidence of a breadth of achievement in English.
You must complete a declaration of criminal convictions and health check forms.
Candidates who are successful will demonstrate a sound understanding of teaching and how children learn, where possible within a school setting. We encourage all candidates to evidence their understanding by drawing on related examples or experiences, such as time spent in schools or other learning settings. Demonstrating an ability to make links between experience and knowledge, and their proposed career would be desirable.
Months of entry
Gain the skills and confidence needed to achieve Qualified Teacher Status and teach children aged 3-7 on this highly-rated postgraduate course.
- Build knowledge of the early years foundation stage (EYFS) and curriculum on this Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' course
- develop the knowledge, skills and enthusiasm you need to motivate young children's learning and graduate with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- evaluate and reflect on your own progress as a teacher and explore a chosen area in more depth in your school or setting
This course equips you with the skills needed for the demanding task of teaching 3 to 7 year old children in nursery and infant schools. We offer the course in partnership with local and regional primary, infant and nursery schools.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Admissions