An honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) or equivalent which includes substantial elements of biology or biological study.
Normally GCSE grade C or Grade 4 in English Language and mathematics, or equivalent. Where applicants have achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above in English literature only, we will look for further evidence of a breadth of achievement in English. We will consider applicants who are in the process of obtaining the relevant GCSEs.
You are encouraged to gain experience of schools through direct observation of teaching and learning and/or by working with young people in subject-related, or other related educational activities.
Candidates who are successful will demonstrate a sound understanding of teaching and how children learn, where possible within a school setting. We encourage all candidates to evidence their understanding by drawing on related examples or experiences, such as time spent in schools or other learning settings. Demonstrating an ability to make links between experience and knowledge, and their proposed career would be desirable.
Months of entry
Prepare for a rewarding career in secondary biology on this PGCE — training in a priority subject with superb job prospects and bursaries available.
- Train for a rewarding career in secondary biology teaching.
- Gain hands-on experience with 120 days of school-based training.
- Benefit from a supportive, collaborative environment that produces exceptional teachers.
- Attain a masters-level PGCE or a PCE alongside Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Prepare for work on a course with a 90% employment record and bursaries available.
This course ensures that you're fully prepared for a career in teaching secondary biology. We help you to grow academically and professionally, gaining advanced qualifications alongside practical training. You'll graduate as an experienced and employable biology teacher, ready to inspire and impart your enthusiasm.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details