Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Normally GCSE mathematics, science and English language at grade C or above, or equivalent. Where applicants have achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above in English literature only, we will look for further evidence of a breadth of achievement in English.
You must also:
- hold an honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) or equivalent which includes substantial elements of chemistry
- complete a declaration of criminal convictions and health check forms
You are encouraged to gain experience of schools through direct observation of teaching and learning and/or by working with young people in science-related or other educational activities
Candidates who are successful will demonstrate a sound understanding of teaching and how children learn, where possible within a school setting. We encourage all candidates to evidence their understanding by drawing on related examples or experiences, such as time spent in schools or other learning settings. Demonstrating an ability to make links between experience and knowledge, and their proposed career would be desirable.
Months of entry
Prepare for a rewarding career in secondary chemistry on this PGCE — training in a priority subject with superb job prospects and bursaries available.
- Train for a rewarding career in secondary chemistry teaching.
- Gain hands-on experience with 120 days of school-based training.
- Benefit from a supportive, collaborative environment that produces exceptional teachers.
- Attain a masters-level PGCE or a PCE alongside Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Prepare for work on a course with a 90% employment record and bursaries available.
This course ensures that you're fully prepared for a career in teaching secondary chemistry. We help you to grow academically and professionally, gaining advanced qualifications alongside practical training. You'll graduate as an experienced and employable chemistry teacher, ready to inspire and impart your enthusiasm.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Admissions