Normally an honours degree in fine art or equivalent. You will have to submit evidence, in the form of an identifiable body of work, of significant creative ability and a commitment to theoretical issues in fine art. Overseas applicants from countries whose first language is not English must normally produce evidence of competence in English. An IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in all skills (or equivalent) is the standard for non-native speakers of English. If your English language skill is currently below an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English level.
MA, PgDip. PgCert
Months of entry
Study a course that offers an engaging creative experience to investigate fine art practice within a contemporary context. The course is for open minded and ambitious practioners who want new artistic challenges across a range of forms. You have access to a comprehensive range of resources and an outstanding programme of visiting artists.
• Choose from specialist optional modules such as drawing from the archive, curating art or art in space and place.
• Learn from teaching staff who are acknowledged experts and researchers who regularly present their work nationally and internationally.
• Benefit from a wide range of workshops and technical expertise across all areas of media and fabrication.
• Work and exhibit in the heart of Sheffield's Cultural Industries Quarter.
Information for international students
Please visit our website at http://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Arts, Computing, Engineering and Sciences
- 0114 225 5555
- 0114 225 3161