We consider all applicants on an individual basis.
Normally, you need one of the following
• a degree in related healthcare subject such as radiotherapy and oncology or nursing
• a higher diploma level, professionally recognised qualification in a related healthcare subject
• a minimum of one year post-qualification clinical experience in radiotherapy or oncology
• be able to satisfy the admissions team of your ability to complete the proposed pathway of study
• an overall IELTS of 6.5 or above with a minimum 5.5 in all skills, if you are an international student
You may also be able to claim credit points which can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete your qualification at Sheffield Hallam. Find out more
You also must have
• access to and the ability to use IT software such as Word and PowerPoint
• access to a computer with reliable internet access
• confidence in accessing and using web-based materials
We determine you suitability for the course and your ability to complete it through your application, references and CV. You may also have an advisory interview with the course leader or nominated tutor to
• ascertain your needs and aspirations
• decide on a course of study
• give you guidance to prepare for any claims for credit through our accreditation of prior certificated learning (APCL) or accreditation of prior experiential learning (APEL) procedures
If you are an International or non-UK European student, you can find out more about the country specific qualifications we accept on our international qualifications page.
Months of entry
Develop in your specialism as a therapeutic radiographer or other healthcare professional working in the field on this career-focused course. Optional modules enable you to tailor your learning to your individual professional development needs and areas of interest.
Information for international students
Please visit our website at https://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
There is support available to help you afford tuition fees and living costs whilst your study at Hallam. Find out at https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/fees-and-funding.
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit https://www.shu.ac.uk/international/fees-scholarships-and-discounts to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Faculty of Health and Wellbeing
- 0114 225 5555