This course has been designed for high achieving graduates from a wide range of technical subjects such as engineering, physics or mathematics. The course is selective and welcomes applications from graduates with a 2.1 or above. Graduates from sports science degrees are welcome to apply if they can demonstrate sufficient expertise in mathematics and physics, for example good results at A-level, and have excelled in biomechanics throughout their undergraduate degree. Non-native English speakers need to be proficient in English, typically shown by an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Months of entry
Study at the cutting edge of sports engineering and learn how to apply advanced engineering techniques to the research and development of sports technologies. This course is taught by the Centre for Sports Engineering Research, one of the largest hubs of sports engineering research in the world.
• Gain the skills need to enter a £200 billion industry driven by innovation and research.
• Enhance your engineering knowledge with an understanding of athlete biomechanics and physiology.
• Study with CSER, one of the world’s largest centres for sports engineering research.
• Complete a major research project with an industrial partner such as Adidas, Ping or Prince Sports.
Information for international students
Please visit our website at http://www.shu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to international students who study this course. Visit http://www.shu.ac.uk/international/scholarships-bursaries to find out more.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Advice and Information Team
- 0114 225 5555
- 0114 225 2167