Honours degree of 2:1 or above, or relevant professional experience, in a related area.
Months of entry
Forensic Archaeology and Genocide Investigation represents an important and relevant area of study. On this course, you will learn about the evidence that genocide and mass violence leaves behind as well as the cutting-edge forensic techniques used to locate and record it.
The MA/MSc Forensic Archaeology and Genocide Investigation is a diverse and versatile programme of study which offers the opportunity to:
- Gain detailed knowledge about forensic archaeological investigations of genocide.
- Gain and apply practical skills in the investigation of genocide and mass violence via participation in fieldwork as part of an active research project.
- Complete a detailed research project relating to a range of topics concerning genocide and mass violence.
- Undertake interdisciplinary sessions alongside academics and specialists in Archaeology and Genocide Studies, History, International Relations, Geography, Media and Film, Computer Games Design and Visualisation
The course provides a solid foundation for doctoral study and an opportunity for a career in archaeology, conflict and genocide studies, forensic investigation, Holocaust studies, international relations, and a range of other associated fields.
The course offers a unique opportunity to gain a wide range of practical and analytical skills and to participate in valuable career enhancement opportunities – such as fieldwork on active research projects.
The MSc is for students opting for a science-based dissertation, for example this could be a site-based field investigation or a technological-based analysis of multiple sites. The MA is for students opting for a arts-based degree, for example primary documentary research or ethical approaches to genocide research.
Fees and funding
See government website for more details.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time13 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
On successful completion of study, depending on your choice of specialism pathway, we will issue you with one of the following awards: MSc Forensic Archaeology and Genocide Investigation OR MA Forensic Archaeology and Genocide Investigation
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team