Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You’ll normally need:
- Current nursing registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) or The General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- At least three years’ post-registration experience
- To be employed in a relevant clinical environment, with access to appropriate clinical support and supervision for the development of knowledge and skills to an advanced level
- A minimum 2:2 honours degree from a UK University, or equivalent.
Months of entry
The Advanced Clinical Practice MSc is for nurses, midwives, paramedics, emergency care practitioners, pharmacists, community matrons and other allied healthcare workers who are advanced practitioners or will be expected to fulfil an advanced practice role.
This course is based within the four pillars of advanced practice these being leadership, education, research and clinical practice. Whilst on the course you will develop skills in advanced health assessment and diagnosis, Clinical decision making, Leadership, Research, Prescribing and non-medical prescribing, and the application of evidence based practice within either the Dissertation or Project-Based Change modules.
By using a blended learning approach, we create a practice-focused, student-centred, flexible programme that develops your ability to:
- Challenge advanced clinical practice
- Engage in independent evidence-based decision making
- Determine creative and innovative solutions to practice issues
- Develop analytical and intellectual skills at Masters level
You’ll be linked with a Co-ordinating Education Supervisor and Work Placed Associated Supervisor, who is an expert in your clinical speciality. You’ll also receive support for personal and professional development from a senior clinical lead of the same profession who acts as your mentor throughout the award.
The course program meets the standards set out within Health Education England (2017) multi-professional framework for advanced clinical practice. The course has also been accredited by Health Education England and upon successful completion of the MSc students can apply to join the National Directory for Advanced Clinical Practice.
Fees and funding
Find out more information about Postgraduate fees and funding.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time40 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team