The typical entry requirement is a first degree in Ancient History, Classical Civilisation, Classics or a relevant discipline.English language requirement IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or Swansea University recognised equivalent.
Months of entry
Every aspect of the modern world has its roots in the civilisations of the Classical world. This MA allows students to study a range of topics related to the history and culture of the classical world, from the Mycenaean world to the later Roman Empire. The range of options allows students to specialise in history or literature, or to combine study of the two.
Modules on the course typically include:
• Research Methodologies in Ancient History and Classical Culture
• Ancient Greek or Latin
• Being Greek under Rome: Greek Literature and Culture in the Imperial Period
• The Army in the Roman Empire
• The City in the Greco-Roman World
• Explorers, Travel and Geography
• Saints and Sinners in Christian Late Antiquity
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- College of Arts and Humanities
- +44 (0)1792 606752