- Graduate midwives who are NMC registered
- Non-graduate midwives seeking similar opportunities will be able to study on the existing BSc (Hons) Enhanced Professional Practice
- Requirements regarding clinical experience will be individual; however, most midwives would expect to consolidate their practice as a newly qualified midwife before seeking further education opportunities
- Admission to study, for most applicants, will be based on agreement from the student’s employer in relation to funding or study leave
- The College will also consider students who choose to self-fund and undertake studies in their own time
Months of entry
Enhanced Professional Midwifery Practise is a work-based modular postgraduate degree specifically geared towards the needs of practising and registered midwives. It is practice focussed but also supports the student to develop skills in reflection and critical thinking.
Work-based learning is a student-centred approach where the student directs their own learning objectives so they reflect on what is important to their roles in their practice, and use these practice issues to drive forward their learning within the modules.
Midwives completing the programme will have developed as autonomous learners who can think more critically and apply theory, experience and academic literature to the development and enhancement of their practice.
They will have gained not only academic and enhanced clinical skill, but also a number of transferable skills. This can only be of benefit to the midwife in terms of employability, the maternity service of the Health Board in which they work, and ultimately the standards of care for mothers and babies.
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
You may be eligible for funding to help support your study. To find out more about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit the University's scholarships and bursaries page: www.swansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/scholarships
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Swansea University Postgraduate
- +44 (0)1792 295358