Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Be a registered nurse (level 1), a registered midwife or a SCPHN
• The practice area must have the necessary governance structures in place (including clinical support, access to protected learning time and employer support where appropriate) to enable learners to undertake, and be adequately supported throughout, the programme
• The applicant must have the competence, experience and academic ability to study at level 7.
• The applicant should be capable of safe and effective practice at a level of proficiency appropriate to the programme to be undertaken and their intended area of prescribing practice in the following areas:
- Clinical/health assessment
- Diagnostics/care management
- Planning and evaluation of care
Applicants for V300 supplementary/independent prescribing programmes have been registered with the NMC for a minimum of one year prior to application for entry onto the programme
Months of entry
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to prescribe safely and appropriately within your area of practice with our PGCert Non-Medical Prescribing for Nurses and Midwives.
This one-year course will equip you with the competency to practise within current legislation as an independent or supplementary non-medical prescriber.
Unfortunately this course is not available to international students.
Information for international students
This course is not available to international students.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Swansea University Postgraduate
- +44 (0)1792 295358