Applicants with a relevant degree at 2.1 or above, or an equivalent recognised qualification and/or two years of relevant employment with evidence of educational/professional achievement are welcomed. International students will need a minimum IELTS score of 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in all domains, or a University approved equivalent, prior to starting the programme.
Months of entry
This course aims to:
• enable students to gain theoretical knowledge in relation to public health and health promotion, research and practice insight
• completion to MSc level further enables the student to complete a primary research study of relevance to public health and health promotion
The course is mapped to the National Occupational Standards, Public Health Career Framework and contributes to attainment of practitioner and/ or specialist public health status (UKPHR).
The programme covers historical background, current developments and future direction potentials of relevance in health and innovation in public health and health promotion practice.
Modules typically include:
• Foundations in Health Promotion
• Health Protection
• Public Health Ethics
• Developing Programmes and Evaluation
• Foundations in Research
• Management and Leadership for Public Health Practice
• Public Health Evidence and Epidemiology
• Public Health Practice
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Ruth Hopkins
- +44 (0)1792 606252