To be considered for this Master's degree you will need; an initial degree (a minimum of a 2.1, or a 2.2 supplemented with relevant academic references) in one of the social sciences; applicants with an initial degree in a related cognate subject or other relevant qualifications are also considered; applicants without these qualifications may be considered if they have at least two years relevant experience at a responsible level and can demonstrate ability to cope with the academic requirements of the programme; non-first language English speakers are required to have a minimum of IELTS 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in all domains, or a University approved equivalent, prior to starting the programme.
Months of entry
MSc Social Research Methods is a highly regarded and prestigious qualification which has been developed to:
- enable students to develop practical research skills and advanced methodological expertise (both qualitative and quantitative);
- instil familiarity with research ethics and governance, and
- gain knowledge about theoretical research concerns across the spectrum of social science disciplines.
This Master’s degree in Social Research Methods has ESRC accreditation and provides advanced training in a range of research methods used in the social sciences. The degree instils familiarity with research ethics and governance, and students gain knowledge about theoretical research concerns across the spectrum of social science disciplines.
Modules typically include:
• Introduction to Research and Study Skills
• Data Collection Methods
• Ethics and Philosophy of Social Research
• Qualitative Research Methods
• Quantitative Research Methods
• Dissertation (Social Research)
Information for international students
Since its foundation in 1920, Swansea University has embraced opportunities to think globally. The vibrant mix of nationalities and cultures on campus greatly enriches our learning and teaching environment. We understand the type of support our international students need to help them settle into student life in a new country.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Sherril Snelgrove
- +44 (0)1792 513466