We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent.
- You need a degree in accounting or overseas equivalent. Excellent results in accounting subjects are preferable, although a relevant and advanced UK professional accounting qualification (or overseas equivalent) will also be considered
- We also consider applicants studying degrees in business administration, business management or commerce or economics. Due to competition for places, we give preference to applicants with an undergraduate degree in accounting
- You need to demonstrate a very strong background in accounting throughout your degree, and a final year major or specialisation in accounting will also be considered.
- A GMAT/GRE is not required to apply for this course but in some cases The Admissions Team may request this after the initial review of your application if your degree does not contain enough relevant quantitative modules.
Months of entry
Our specialist MSc Accounting course will boost your career prospects by developing an advanced knowledge of accounting theory and practice, and prepare for a leading role in the accountancy profession.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of accounting as well as your critical thinking.
- Introduction to different aspects of accounting research, and guidance in conducting the research.
- Advance your thinking and debate in contemporary issues in financial reporting, management account, auditing and governance.
- Develop skills that are valued by employers, or prepare for a research career in academia.
- Benefit from our accounting academics' close connection with the accountancy profession.
Information for international students
For the latest information on demonstrating your English proficiency for those whose first language is not English, please see our language requirements.
English language test validity
Some English Language test results are only valid for two years. Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
Other international entry requirements
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries. For these and general requirements see entry requirements for your country.
Fees and funding
See University website
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School