We normally look for a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent.
- You need a degree in accounting or overseas equivalent. Excellent results in accounting subjects are preferable, although a relevant and advanced UK professional accounting qualification (or overseas equivalent) will also be considered.
- We also consider applicants studying degrees in business administration, business management or commerce or economics. Due to competition for places, we give preference to applicants with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- You need to demonstrate a very strong background in accounting throughout your degree, and a final year major or specialisation in accounting will also be considered.
- We highly recommend GMAT or GRE and anticipate a well-balanced score with a strong performance in the quantitative sections.
Months of entry
Our specialist MSc Accounting course will boost your career prospects by developing an advanced knowledge of accounting theory and practice, and prepare for a leading role in the accountancy profession.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of accounting as well as your critical thinking.
- Introduction to different aspects of accounting research, and guidance in conducting the research.
- Advance your thinking and debate in contemporary issues in financial reporting, management account, auditing and governance.
- Develop skills that are valued by employers, or prepare for a research career in academia.
- Benefit from our accounting academics' close connection with the accountancy profession.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- +44 (0)161 306 1339