We normally look for a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent.
- You need a degree in accounting or finance. We can also consider exceptional candidates with degrees in economics or mathematics. You must have taken a significant number of courses in accounting and finance during your degree, and a major or specialisation in accounting and/or finance in your final year, with top level results in final year accounting and finance subjects. You must also demonstrate a solid background in quantitative skills, econometrics or maths.
- We can consider applicants studying degrees in business administration, business management or commerce who can demonstrate a very strong background in accounting and finance throughout their degree and a final year major or specialisation in accounting or finance, and strong quantitative skills. Due to competition for places, we give preference to applicants with a bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
- We highly recommend GMAT or GRE for applications to all our accounting and finance related programmes. We anticipate a well-balanced score with a strong performance in the quantitative sections.
Months of entry
A career in accounting, financial services or related sectors of the economy requires a high level of understanding of both the theory and practice of accounting and finance. This course is designed to give you a broad-based understanding of the core subject areas with an emphasis on empirical research methods and on accounting and finance practice.
Our wide range of modules allows you to specialise and during the course you have the chance to build on your growing knowledge and expertise by completing a dissertation on a research area of your choice. This, coupled with the support you get from our staff, ensures a first class learning experience.
The MSc Accounting and Finance is recognised by the Economic and Social Research Council as postgraduate preparation for a PhD. It also holds the award of partnership status from the CFA Institute, the global association for investment professionals.
Information for international students
For the latest information on demonstrating your English proficiency for those whose first language is not English, please see our language requirements.
Fees and funding
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for UK/EU/International students
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for US residents
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
The programme helps graduates to pursue a senior level professional career in accounting, financial services or related sectors, or an academic career via a PhD. ESRC recognised.
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- +44 (0)161 306 1339