We normally look for a First or Upper Second class honours (2:1) degree from a UK university or the overseas equivalent. You need to have studied or be studying for a degree in accounting or finance. We also consider exceptional candidates with degrees in economics or mathematics. You must have taken a significant number of courses in accounting and finance during your degree, and a major or specialisation in accounting or finance in your final year with top level results. You must also demonstrate a solid background in quantitative skills, econometrics or mathematics. We also consider applicants studying degrees in business administration, business management or commerce who can demonstrate a very strong background in accounting and finance throughout their degree, and a final year major or specialisation in accounting or finance and strong quantitative skills. Due to competition for places, we give preference to applicants with an undergraduate degree in accounting or finance. We highly recommend GMAT or GRE for applications to all our accounting and finance related programmes. We anticipate a well-balanced score with a strong performance in the quantitative sections. All applicants must pay a £60 non-refundable application fee before applications are considered. See MBS website for further details of entry requirements and method of payment.
Months of entry
- Essentials of Finance.
- Financial Reporting Theory.
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods.
One elective unit from:
- Accounting in an International Context.
- Foundations of Finance Theory.
- Portfolio Investment.
- Advanced Management Accounting.
- Corporate Finance.
- Research Methods and Methodology in Accounting (for students doing an Accounting dissertation).
- Advanced Empirical Finance (for students doing a Finance dissertation).
- Financial Statement Analysis.
- Financial Econometrics.
- International Finance.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Economic and Financial Aspects.
- The Analysis of Business Structures.
- Audit practice, regulation and professionalisation.
- Management control systems in organisations.
- Field-based qualitative research on management accounting innovation and change.
- Performance reporting by UK listed firms under IFRS.
- Audit markets in emerging economies.
- The effect of corporate governance (board and audit committee characteristics) on audit quality.
Information for international students
IELTS 7.0 or TOEFL 100 internet-based. Only applicants who already meet the minimum English language requirements will be considered. English language test results submitted must be less than two years old. See the website for more information.
Fees and funding
Alliance MBS Scholarships are also available - contact the Admissions Office for details and visit the Alliance MBS website for further details: http://www.mbs.ac.uk/masters/fees-funding/scholarships.aspx
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Masters Admissions
- +44 (0)161 306 1339