We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent.
Please note that the course designed specifically as a conversion course for students with no previous experience of business and management. Although no prior knowledge of business and management will be assumed, the course will move at a fast pace to bring all participants to the same breadth of understanding.
When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average, position in class, references and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification.
Months of entry
The MSc Management is an exciting one year masters course open to applicants from all backgrounds, but primarily aimed at students who have not previously studied business and management.
Managers are agents of change, innovators and social and business entrepreneurs. Managers are critical, challenging, independent and creative thinkers. Managers have impact on their environment. The course will enable you to develop the necessary skills to foster different ways of thinking, different ways of viewing and understanding organisations.
- Starting with a pre-course workshop in September to give you an intensive induction, then through lectures, case studies, seminars and group project-based work during the core modules, you'll be challenging established models of thinking, critically reflecting on contemporary management and looking at alternative ways of organising.
- Sustainability, innovation and social responsibility will be key themes during the course alongside skill-building in key areas such as marketing, accounting and human resource management.
- During the third semester alongside the business project, you'll meet speakers from industry and academia, who'll provide thought-provoking and inspirational perspectives from their own experience, facing and critiquing current business and management challenges.
Throughout your time in Manchester you will have access to ongoing research by academics regarded as experts in their field. Course staff are involved in a various research centres across the School and you will be encouraged to attend seminars that might be of interest. Within this forum of intellectual exchange, you will have the opportunity to hone your skills as a researcher, critic and independent thinker.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- +44 (0)161 306 1339