A minimum upper second class honours degree, or the equivalent, in law.
Months of entry
The LLM Corporate Governance is taught by Manchester's corporate governance and corporate social responsibility experts. The course will provide you with specialist knowledge about the law of conducting business in today's global society.
During this course you will examine the major theories concerning the nature of corporations, and the concerns driving corporate governance law and practice, and reform proposals. You will evaluate the effectiveness of current corporation governance processes in setting and pursuing objectives, both nationally and internationally. You will also examine the evidence for European and global convergence of corporate governance practices and the ways in which this might evolve.
Information for international students
Students whose first language is not English are required to hold one of the following English language qualifications:
- IELTS: minimum overall score of 7.0, with 7.0 in Writing and 6.5 in all other sub categories;
- TOEFL (Internet-Based Test): minimum overall score of 100, with 25 in Writing and 22 in all other sub categories;
- Cambridge Proficiency: minimum grade of C;
- Pearson English: minimum overall score of 66, with 66 in Writing and 59 in all other sub categories.
The School will also refer applicants who meet the necessary entry requirements to the University's pre-sessional English language courses . The entry requirements for these language courses are:
- 6 week course (PS6) - IELTS: minimum overall score of 6.5, with 6.5 in Writing and no less than 6.0 in all other sub categories;
- 10 week course (PS10) - IELTS: minimum overall score of 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in all other sub categories.
Booking deadlines apply.
Please note that The School of Law may refer applicants with 5.5, with 5.5 in Writing and no less than 5.0 in all other sub categories for the 20-week Pre-Sessional course (PS20) beginning April 2018 for September 2018 admissions.
If you have already met our academic requirements and English language requirements, a single visa may be issued covering both the pre-sessional course and the Master degree. If, however, you obtain a conditional offer and your academic results are pending you may still enrol in a pre-sessional course on a separate visa. If a separate visa is required, only UKVI-IELTS taken at UKVI approved IELTS centres globally will be accepted for entry on to a pre-sessional English course.
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries. For these and general requirements including English language see entry requirements from your country.
Fees and funding
- Scholarship for Thai LLM students 2018/19
- School of Law Scholarships for UK and EU applicants
- School of Law scholarships for International applicants
- Faculty of Humanities/School of Law - Manchester Alumni Scholarship Scheme
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Law
- +44 (0) 161 306 1270