A minimum upper second class honours degree, or the equivalent, in law.
Months of entry
The LLM International Business and Commercial Law offers you the opportunity to develop an advanced understanding of the law governing commerce and finance in today's international market.
Multinational companies must regularly overcome a wide range of legal and governance issues in order to do business worldwide. This course will encourage you to explore the legal challenges faced by international business and analyse the fundamental legal framework for dealing with them, looking at areas such as corporate governance, international trade transactions and competition law.
You will also be given the opportunity to explore topical issues, such as the implications of the global financial crisis, corporate social and environmental responsibility, the role of brands in globalisation, global economic governance, and the legal challenges of business operation and foreign investment in a development country context.
Information for international students
Students whose first language is not English are required to hold one of the following English language qualifications:
- IELTS: minimum overall score of 7.0, with 7.0 in Writing and 6.5 in all other sub categories;
- TOEFL (Internet-Based Test): minimum overall score of 100, with 25 in Writing and 22 in all other sub categories;
- Cambridge Proficiency: minimum grade of C;
- Pearson English: minimum overall score of 66, with 66 in Writing and 59 in all other sub categories.
The School will also refer applicants who meet the necessary entry requirements to the University's pre-sessional English language courses . The entry requirements for these language courses are:
- 6 week course (PS6) - IELTS: minimum overall score of 6.5, with 6.5 in Writing and no less than 6.0 in all other sub categories;
- 10 week course (PS10) - IELTS: minimum overall score of 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in all other sub categories.
Booking deadlines apply.
Please note that The School of Law may refer applicants with 5.5, with 5.5 in Writing and no less than 5.0 in all other sub categories for the 20-week Pre-Sessional course (PS20) beginning April 2018 for September 2018 admissions.
If you have already met our academic requirements and English language requirements, a single visa may be issued covering both the pre-sessional course and the Master degree. If, however, you obtain a conditional offer and your academic results are pending you may still enrol in a pre-sessional course on a separate visa. If a separate visa is required, only UKVI-IELTS taken at UKVI approved IELTS centres globally will be accepted for entry on to a pre-sessional English course.
We accept a range of qualifications from different countries. For these and general requirements including English language see entry requirements from your country.
Fees and funding
- Scholarship for Thai LLM students 2018/19
- School of Law Scholarships for UK and EU applicants
- School of Law scholarships for International applicants
- Faculty of Humanities/School of Law - Manchester Alumni Scholarship Scheme
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Law
- +44 (0) 161 306 1270