Masters entry requirements
- A good UK honours degree (minimum 2:2), or international equivalent, in any/relevant subject.
- We will also consider your application if you have significant, relevant experience (3-5 years) with degree-equivalent professional qualification.
Postgraduate Diploma entry requirements
- A minimum of a third –class honours degree
- An equivalent overseas degree from a recognised institution
- We will also consider an equivalent professional qualification
Months of entry
This Finance and Accounting course is ideal if you are thinking of changing career or want to further develop your skills and knowledge having previously studied a different discipline. You will develop the skills you need to be a strong decision-maker in an increasingly complex, global financial environment, and develop the ability to deal with accounting and finance-related challenges facing local and international organisations.
The experiential approach used in the delivery of the course encourages you to take on opportunities to engage with real-world business problems throughout your studies. Working with ACCA, CIMA and ICAEW, the course is designed to ensure you are highly skilled upon graduating and enables you to apply for exemptions from professional exams.
IT expertise, software skills and entrepreneurship are essential in an increasingly competitive market. Working closely with our delivery partners including NatWest, Santander, PWC and Grant Thornton, you will be exposed to the latest technology and become familiar with the digital tools used in the industry. You also have the opportunity to complete the Bloomberg Certificate (Bloomberg Market Concept) as part of your course.
Why should I choose this course?
- Our planned Bloomberg trading room (due for completion in 2019/20) will support the development of your skills in professional trading
- You will gain international entrepreneurship and finance experience, generously offered by the University, with trips to the US, Europe or the Middle East
- You will have the opportunity to work on live consultancy cases with local and international clients, for example, Fracino (UK), Hayward Tyler (UK), Avingtrans Plc, Nysora (Belgium), Alcaplast (Czech Republic), Disneyland Paris (France), France Volontaires (France), ADP Paris Airport (France) and PRIME (Israel)
- Close links with employers such as NatWest, Santander and accounting firms who have also been involved in the design and delivery of the course
- For your final project, you can research a topic that interests you and that is relevant to your intended future employment
- UCB is ranked #1 for Employability by AdvancedHE for postgraduate courses in business (out of 105 institutions in the UK)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details