A good Honours degree (normally 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline, and/or; Relevant work experience, demonstrating your ability to study at postgraduate level. A portfolio is also required. If your first language is not English a certificate is required as evidence that you have an average IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent. Consideration will be given to applicants who present a degree with a lower classification, but can make a strong case for admission in relation to a particular project.
Months of entry
The MA Textiles degree course is constructed around the development of individual research into textile culture, craft and design, allowing you to combine previous experience of textiles practice with a personal project.
Key study topics include:
- Practical and theoretical research
- Experimentation and exploration both practically and theoretically
- Constructive critical debate concerning personal research avenues
- Communicating research ideas and design in ways that are appropriate to professional leadership
- Support such activities as live projects, competitions, and professional practice
- Realising and communicating ideas and research practically through exhibition.
Information for international students
International Students should contact the International team on: +44 (0)1252 892838 for further information and advice.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01252 892 883