View entry requirements for this programme
Petroleum Economics; Reservoir Geology; Operational Accountancy and Law; Decommissioning and the Environment; Reservoir Engineering; Well Engineering; Facilities Management; Safety Engineering; Negotiation; Project Management; Organisational Psychology; Politics of Oil.
Months of entry
You study all aspects of the oil and gas industry from geology, environmental science, engineering, business, law and entrepreneurship, drawing from disciplines and specialist knowledge of the university and nearby industry consultancy. You gain practical application of studies, lateral thinking and management techniques to allow you to progress to management level in a range of career areas.
Aberdeen is one of the world's Oil and Gas capitals. Its geographic position has maintained its dominance of the European hydrocarbon exploration and production environment for many years. The city has the highest population of Oil Industry professionals in all sectors, and rivals Calgary, Jakarta and Houston.
Courses include: Geoscience in Oil and Exploration, Introduction to Energy Economics, Drilling and Well Engineering, Management in Engineering: Production Risk Management and Psychology, Portfolio Optimisation: Decision Making and Investment Appraisal in Petroleum Ecoonomics, Commercial Law and Regulatory Frameworks, Remediation Technology for Geosciences, Research Skills Professional Development and Field Study and your research project
- View all course modules
Why Study at Aberdeen?
- We have been collaborating with the oil and gas industry since the 1970s oil boom to bring relevant qualifications direct to the industry and for industry to support ground breaking research across the supply chain. Our experts cover the business, legal, geological, economic, scientific and engineering areas of the industry and we are ideally situated to keep learning and moving with the industry
- We teach you in projects to reflect industry practice and you develop the confidence to work across the disciplines
- We are first in Scotland for Earth Systems, Environmental Sciences and Geosciences (REF 2014)
- Start Date – September, January
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
See Our Facilities
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administatror
- +44 (0)1224 272655