Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- 2:1 (upper second class) UK Honours degree, or an Honours degree from a non-UK institution which is judged by the University to be of equivalent worth in any branch of Engineering.
- Students with a 2:1 in Applied Mathematics or Physics may also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Those with a 2:2 Honours degree in Engineering may also be considered if they can demonstrate 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
Months of entry
The MSc Offshore Engineering programme draws upon the School of Engineering's strengths in both subsea engineering and renewable energy engineering, to investigate modern applications of offshore engineering including marine renewables and subsea oil and gas.
The programme is designed to be accessible to applicants from a wide range of engineering disciplines such as civil, petroleum or mechanical engineering, but also electrical and electronic engineers interested in a career in subsea controls.
A unique strength of the MSc Offshore Engineering programme at Aberdeen is the inclusion of courses on marine renewables and marine environment impact assessments, alongside courses on subsea construction, which gives our graduates greater opportunities across the wider field of marine energy. In particular, this aspect of the programme appeals to engineers working within the subsea oil and gas industry, who are looking to diversify towards offshore renewable energy.
Scotland is leading the way in tidal stream and wave energy projects. The Scottish government has a target 100% of gross electricity consumption to come from renewables by 2020, of which offshore wind is expected to make the greatest contribution. The established engineering expertise and offshore experience based in the northeast of Scotland means that Aberdeen has emerged as a hub for offshore renewable engineering in recent years.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time27 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 272090