View entry requirements for this programme
Months of entry
Keeping major business flourishing is always going to be a challenge. Within the energy industry there are specific methods and ways of research and analysis which can be employed to remain competitive in business. The programme is taught by the Business School by some world renowned academics in this area with decades of experience and knowledge.
You study economics within a constantly evolving energy industry covering Accounting, Energy and Petroleum Economics, Corporate Finance for Energy, analysis, decision making, strategy and methodology. You explore wide ranging issues affecting the energy industry such as Hotelling model and oil price behaviour, OPEC, global warming, renewables and economic context drawing from world renowed expertise in two departments.
Courses include: Accounting, Introduction to Energy and Petroleum Economics, Introduction to Corporate Finance for Energy, Economic Analysis for Energy, Quantitative Methods for Energy Economics, Real Options and Decision Making, Issues in Energy and Petroleum Economics, Business Strategy, Empirical Methods in Energy Economics, and your Dissertation.
- View all course modules
Industry Links and Careers
This programme is highly respected in the industry due to the expertise of the academics teaching it. Graduates work as Energy and Business Consultants, Strategy Analysts, Market Analysts, Commercial Analysts, Economists, Project Managers, Oil and Gas Associates and many Graduates now work for Arditya Birta, BP, Citibank, ConocoPhilips, Deloitte, Ernst and Young, ExxonMobil, Ghanian Petroleum Commmission, KPMG and many more which you will see on the programme page.
- The Business School is internationally recognised for its research in Energy and Environment and others rated as 'World Leading' or 'Internationally Excellent.' Students also benefit from the Aberdeen Institute of Energy.
- You work and network with employers from a range of national and multinational commpanies through our visiting speaker programme, conferences and events. You also benefit from energy industry site visits in the City.
- Start Date – September
- Delivery – Campus
- Study Options – Full Time
- View English language requirements from the programme page
- View entry requirements from the programme page
- Campus Open Days
- Virtual Open Days
University of Aberdeen Business School
· Tour the Business School
Information for international students
• View international support and events near you
• English Language for your programme
• See Accommodation, facilities, city and societies
• View our online learning
Sign up for an open day, visit or chat online
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School Administrator
- +44 (0)1224 273235