Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You should have a bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent, typically a 2:1 or above.
To apply for this course you should have an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject such as European Studies, International Relations, Modern Languages, Politics, History, Economics or Sociology.
We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
If your first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Months of entry
Gain a broad understanding of the politics, policy and social evolution of the EU and European states, as well as specialist knowledge of EU and international affairs.
The Euromasters course offers a distinctive international learning experience, with an opportunity to study at several prestigious institutions.
With an enthusiastic teaching team who are experts in their research fields, and a diverse course of study, this two year master’s degree is renowned throughout the EU and beyond.
You'll gain a broad comparative understanding of the European Union, European politics, policy and social evolution as well as specialist knowledge of key issues in the Euro-Atlantic area and international relations.
We welcome applications from high-achieving students, who wish to gain the knowledge and skills that will qualify them for a wide range of careers in European and international institutions, and the private sector.
You can find out more on the dedicated Euromasters website, which contains extensive information about the course and the Consortium, as well as guidance on applying.
Language of instruction and locations
You are able to study at the following sites as part of the course.
- University of Bath, United Kingdom
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States (Transatlantic Track only)
- University of Siena, Italy
- Sciences Po Grenoble, France
You will need to be able to speak the language of instruction of your chosen country of study.
The depth and breadth of knowledge alongside the hands-on international experience our graduates gain from this course is valued highly by employers.
You can also take advantage of the extensive Careers Service at the University of Bath, as well the opportunity to study another language at the Foreign Languages centre during your Core Module in Bath.
Our graduates have been employed all over the world in a wide variety of international organisations, multinational corporations and public bodies or policy-formulating institutes. Examples include:
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office Fast-track Programme, London
- United Nations Postgraduate Fellowship, New York
- Programme Officer at the European Commission, Brussels
- Parliamentary Assistant for Green MEP in the European Parliament, Brussels
- Parliamentary Assistant for German MP in Bundestag, Berlin
- Associate Director at Blue Rubicon, London
- Director of External Relations and Communications at Enel Green Power North America Inc, USA
- Grants Manager at MTV Staying Alive Foundation, London
- Strategic Communications Consultant at Akkanto, Brussels
Many of our graduates also continue directly to doctoral research.
Fees and funding
View available funding opportunities.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Taught Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 1225 38 5115