About School of Management
The University of Bath School of Management is one of the oldest established business schools in the UK. We have consistently achieved both top research (5th in the UK) and teaching ('excellent') ratings in the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) assessments and we are dedicated to integrating high quality teaching with innovative research in order to gain maximum benefit for our students.
The School is frequently recognised in external rankings: we are ranked first for Marketing, second for Accounting and Finance (the Complete University Guide 2017) and first for Business Studies (the Times and Sunday Times University Guide 2016). The Bath MBA is continually ranked as one of the top programmes in the world - currently ranked 64th in the world and 8th in the UK. (Economist Intelligence Unit's Which MBA? 2015).
EQUIS and AMBA accreditation
Bath is one of a select number of international business schools who has been accredited by EQUIS, the European Foundation for Management Development's (EFMD) quality inspectorate. The Bath MBA Bath has been fully accredited since 1976 by the Association of MBAs (AMBA). Accreditation by AMBA is the acknowledged hallmark of quality and professionalism in MBA provision.
World-class faculty and research
Bath's credentials stem from our world-class teaching faculty who are involved in leading-edge research. This means that all taught programmes benefit from the work of our academics. Our students are able to test ideas in a stimulating and intellectually challenging environment, gaining the latest thinking from researchers at the cutting edge of their fields of interest.
World-class theory, world-class practice
With more and more people graduating with a first degree, it is more important than ever to differentiate yourself with a postgraduate qualification. Whilst the vocational benefits of gaining a business or management degree are well known, employers are increasingly looking for graduates who have the necessary skills to perform well in the workplace.
Employers require managers who have real work experience - people who have a multidisciplinary appreciation of the business context and who can manage cross-boundary functions. What distinguishes Bath from other institutions is the relevance of our courses to the needs of potential employers. The School has links with over 200 blue-chip organisations who help to ensure our students' learning is enhanced by real world case studies and applied learning. As a result our graduates are highly sought after.
A leading university
The School of Management is fortunate to be located within one of the UK's top universities which has an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research. The University of Bath has a distinctive approach that emphasises the education of professional practitioners, fosters high achievement, and promotes original inquiry and innovation in partnership with business, the professions, public services, and the voluntary sector. The University is ranked first for universities that students would recommend to their friends. (Times Higher Education, Student Experience Survey 2016).
The University's 200-acre modern campus combines excellent facilities and green space. Bath has one of the few libraries in the UK that is open 24/7. The University's Sports Training Village offers some of the best sporting facilities in the country and a number of Olympic athletes train on campus, facilities include: floodlit 8-lane athletics track, 50m swimming pool, 18 tennis courts, fitness and conditioning suite, multi-purpose hall (12 badminton courts), judo dojo, 8 fencing pistes, 16 station air pistol range, a bobsleigh/ skeleton push track, and extensive rugby and football pitches. For international students the University has its own International Office which provides support and assistance to the international community of scholars on campus.
Excellent job prospects and support
Bath students have an excellent track record for getting jobs. According to the most recent employment statistics, around 99% of all School of Management MSc graduates are employed within six months of graduation*
*Employment data based on those who were looking for whom data is held
The best city in England
Voted one of the UK's favourite cities, (Guardian and Observer Travel Awards) Bath is one of the most interesting, cosmopolitan and vibrant cities in the UK. It is also the only city in the UK to be included in UNESCO's World Heritage list. It is a spectacularly beautiful city which stands on the River Avon and in the hills of England's West Country. Its striking architecture, the Roman Baths, medieval Abbey and world-famous Georgian squares and sweeping crescents built of honey-colour stone, all combine to make it one of the most remarkable cities in Europe. Bath also offers some of the best shopping and cultural attractions outside London. There is a varied selection of restaurants, café-bars, pubs, clubs, three theatres, cinemas and a wide range of museums. London is approximately one hour and a half from Bath by train and Bristol is about fifteen minutes away. Bristol International airport provides fast access to an ever increasing number of destinations.
We offer a range of both general and specialist Master's courses:
- MSc in Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management – Develops the future leaders of global operations and supply chains. Our course combines cutting edge knowledge with hands on experience in a wide range of sectors.
- MSc in Business Analytics – Develops you to become a business leader of the future with a solid skill set in information technology, quantitative methods for analysing data, and making optimized decisions.
- MSc in Entrepreneurship and Management - Provides an exciting combination of core business and management skills with an awareness of the nature, context and process of entrepreneurship.
- MSc in Human Resource Management and Consulting - designed to deliver cutting-edge knowledge of contemporary human resource management issues whilst developing your competencies in consulting. It will also prepare you for a career in consulting.
- MSc in Sustainability and Management - designed to provide you with a deep awareness and critical appreciation of the importance of sustainability issues relating to corporate social responsibility. At the same time, this innovative degree will develop your skills in the core business disciplines.
- MSc in Management - aimed specifically at recent graduates whose first degree is NOT in a business discipline and who have little or no practical work experience. This programme gives you the opportunity to follow a generalist route or select a specialist path in one of five areas: Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Operations Management, and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- MSc in International Management - provides you with an advanced understanding of the international business environment by developing your global perspectives on business informed by a deep understanding of the different national and cultural contexts in which firms operate.
- MSc in Accounting and Finance Programmes - MSc in Accounting and Finance, MSc in Finance, MSc in Finance with Risk Management, MSc in Finance with Banking.
- MSc in Marketing - designed to deepen and advance your understanding of core marketing theories and concepts whilst providing you with a desirable skill-set valued by the marketing industry.
- MSc in Innovation and Technology Management - a joint programme offered by the School of Management and the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Designed to teach engineering and science graduates key management and leadership skills whilst training management graduates about the technological operations within business.
After your Masters
You can choose to pursue advanced research in any aspect of management or business on our PhD programme. Our range of post-experience programmes include:
- The world-ranked Bath MBA - for those with a minimum of three years' work experience. Available in both full- and part-time, executive formats.
- Doctor of Business Administration in Higher Education Management - an innovative doctoral programme for senior academic and professional staff working in HE institutions, agencies or governments.
- Executive Development – we have a range of short courses for those wishing to learn in an interactive and stimulating environment about the best ways to tackle current business issues.
University of Bath Postgraduate Recruitment Events for 2018
This year the University of Bath will be holding a new programme of events specifically tailored towards those interested in postgraduate study at Bath. The first of these is a Virtual Postgraduate Open Day to be held on the 7 February 2018, 12 – 4pm. Prospective students will be able to find out what it’s like to study at the University without having to set foot on the campus.
By logging into the Virtual Open Day potential applicants will be provided with a programme of timed live webinars. Participants will also get the opportunity to take part in interactive live question & answer sessions with University of Bath staff, as well as industry professionals who will provide useful insight into the University’s strong links with industry and employment opportunities following postgraduate study at Bath. Current postgraduate student representatives at the University will also be on hand to give advice on life at Bath.
As well as course specific information the interactive virtual platform will provide information on the superb facilities and outstanding research plus further information on topics like applying to Bath, student life, accommodation and financing their studies.
Further to the virtual event, the University of Bath will also be holding the following new postgraduate recruitment events in 2018:
Postgraduate Café – 1 March 2018, 5pm – 8pm, Café at the Edge, University of Bath Campus
Postgraduate Café – 14 March 2018, 5pm – 8pm, Pall Mall London
Postgraduate Open Day – November 2018 – University of Bath Campus
Registrations of interest can be made here
For queries please contact email@example.com