About School of Management
We are a leading UK business school. We’re ranked first for marketing and second for business and management studies (The Complete University Guide 2020). Building on over half a century of experience, we’re working on plans to help us inspire and innovate for the next 50 years and beyond. Study with us to enjoy great teaching and the latest research thinking.
We have a strong record of research excellence. In the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF), 84% of our research was assessed as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent'. Our faculty are leading experts in their fields and they bring the latest teaching into the classroom. You will hear their ideas first and benefit from an intellectually challenging environment.
Practical business experience
We design our courses to give you hands-on experience that prepares you for the working world. We have a network of over 300 companies across a range of industries. You’ll have many chances to work with leading organisations throughout your course. Getting involved in extracurricular activities enhances your CV and helps you get the most out of your degree.
Excellent job prospects and support
The practical focus of our courses will give you the skills and knowledge employers are looking for. You’ll be in high demand. Britain’s top employers target Bath’s graduates. 84%* of our class of 2018 graduates received job offers within three months of graduating.
*Employment data is based on the employment activity of the 2017-18 cohort for those employed or looking for work and for whom data is held.
General management masters
- MSc in Management – this course is for graduates you want to complement their non-management background with management knowledge, tools and skills. You’ll get a strong introduction to core management subjects with the option to specialise in marketing, operations, finance, human resource management and corporate social responsibility.
- MSc in Business Analytics – This course is for graduates who want to start their career in the applications of business analytics. You’ll become an expert in the handling and analysis of big data, and develop understanding, insight and transferable tools and skills.
- MSc in Entrepreneurship and Management – This course is for graduates who want to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll develop your entrepreneurial abilities while learning how to manage dynamic organisations.
- MSc in Human Resource Management and Consulting - This course is for graduates who want to develop key managerial skills and are interested in a career in human resource management or consultancy. You’ll combine theory with practical application through organisational challenges.
- MSc in Innovation and Technology Management – Delivered jointly by the School of Management and the department of Engineering and Design, this course is for graduates who want to develop their innovation and technological skills. You’ll become equipped with skills to take a leadership role in innovation and technology management.
- MSc in International Management - This course is for graduates who want to work in multinational companies or manage in an international context. You’ll develop deep understanding of the national and cultural contexts in which firms operate and graduate prepared for the challenges of global management.
- MSc in Marketing – This course is for graduates looking for a specialist route to a career in marketing. You’ll get a good balance between learning the latest marketing theory and practice applying it.
- MSc in Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management – This course is for graduates who want to work in the managerial or consulting areas of operations, logistics or supply chain management. You’ll learn conceptual, analytical and practical insights into effective operations management in global organisations.
- MSc in Sustainability and Management – This course is for graduates who want to develop key managerial skills with an emphasis on sustainability issues. Designed to provide you with a deep awareness and critical appreciation of the importance of sustainability issues relating to corporate social responsibility.
All of our Finance masters provide a solid theoretical foundation. You’ll develop an in-depth knowledge of the financial system and learn to analyse financial decisions and the motivations of people making them.
You’ll apply this knowledge in a range of real-world scenarios and enhance your employability.
Our course brings in expertise from the University’s departments of Mathematical Sciences and Economics. This gives you access to a wide range of teaching and research experience.