About School of Management
Welcome to the University of Bath School of Management (established 1966). We are one of the UK's leading business schools with highly ranked programmes and internationally recognised research. We put impact at the heart of our educational mission. We believe that our researchers and our graduates will shape and influence the world for the better.
We're ranked 1st for Accounting and Finance (The Guardian University Guide 2019), 1st for Marketing (The Complete University Guide 2019) and 3rd for Business Studies (The Times and The Sunday Times University Guide 2019).
EQUIS, the European Foundation for Management Development's quality inspectorate, have granted us five-year accreditation. Only around 1% of business schools worldwide have successfully achieved this recognition.
A leading university
The University of Bath is a top 10 UK university with a reputation for research and teaching excellence. In 2017, the University was awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework and was ranked 6th in the UK by the Guardian University Guide 2019.
We have a strong record of internationally recognised research. Our faculty are leading experts in their fields and they bring the latest teaching into the classroom. Our students hear their ideas first and benefit from an intellectually challenging environment.
Practical business experience
We design our courses to give you as much real work experience with businesses as possible. Our network of over 200 companies covers nearly every sector and size you could imagine. You’ll be meeting and working with different organisation from week one of your course. You’ll also get the chance to take part in activities during the year designed to develop your skills in team-working, communication and project management. Our graduates are highly sought after by employers because they are well-rounded and prepared for the workplace.
Excellent job prospects and support
You’ll complete you MSc equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to compete for the best graduate jobs. 89%* of our MSc 2017 graduates received a job offer within three months of graduation. *Employment data based on those for whom we hold data (75%), 8% of these graduates told us they were not seeking employment so they were not included in this calculation.
General management masters
- MSc in Management – This course is for graduates you want to complement their non-management background with management knowledge, tools and skills. You’ll get a strong introduction to core management subjects with the option to specialise in marketing, operations management, finance, human resource management and corporate social responsibility.
- MSc in Business Analytics – This course is for graduates who want to start their career in the applications of business analytics. You’ll become an expert in the handling and analysis of big data, and develop understanding, insight and transferable tools and skills.
- MSc in Entrepreneurship and Management – This course is for graduates who want to develop an entrepreneurial mindset and build entrepreneurial careers. You’ll develop your entrepreneurial abilities while learning how to manage dynamic organisations.
- MSc in Human Resource Management and Consulting - This course is for graduates who want to develop key managerial skills and are interested in a career in human resource management or consultancy. You’ll combine theory with practical application through organisational challenges.
- MSc in Innovation and Technology Management – Delivered jointly by the School of Management and the department of Engineering and Design, this course is for graduates who want to develop their innovation and technological skills. You’ll become equipped with skills to take a leadership role in innovation and technology management.
- MSc in International Management - This course is for graduates who want to work in multinational companies or manage in an international context. You’ll develop deep understanding of the national and cultural contexts in which firms operate and graduate prepared for the challenges of global management.
- MSc in Marketing – This course is for graduates looking for a specialist route to a career in marketing. You’ll get a good balance between learning the latest marketing theory and practice applying it.
- MSc in Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management – This course is for graduates who want to work in the managerial or consulting areas of operations, logistics or supply chain management. You’ll learn conceptual, analytical and practical insights into effective operations management in global organisations.
- MSc in Sustainability and Management – This course is for graduates who want to develop key managerial skills with an emphasis on sustainability issues. Designed to provide you with a deep awareness and critical appreciation of the importance of sustainability issues relating to corporate social responsibility.
All of our Finance masters provide a solid theoretical foundation in accounting and finance. You’ll develop an in-depth knowledge of the financial system and learn to analyse financial decisions and the motivations of people making them.
You’ll apply this knowledge in a range of real-world scenarios and enhance your employability.
- MSc in Accounting and Finance
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Finance with Banking
- MSc in Finance with Risk Management
We are based at the University of Bath's campus 200–acre campus, in the historic city of Bath in Somerset, UK. Our excellent facilities include a 24 hour library and The Sports Training Village, which offers some of the best sporting facilities in the country. The University is currently investing in a new building for the School of Management, due to open in September 2020.
Bath is a beautiful city set in the rolling green hills of South West England. It’s famous for its natural hot springs and Georgian architecture. In fact, Bath’s so special it’s the only entire city in the UK that’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city is small but busy, with just under 90,000 residents, including 20,000 students. Bath has a great reputation for good food from delis to Michelin-starred restaurants. There are student nights in the city’s pubs and bars throughout the week, as well as live music and club nights. There is also a good selection of cinemas, comedy clubs and theatres so you can find a huge range of entertainment and alternative nights out. Bath is also known for its safety, with some of the lowest crime rates in the country. It’s the second safest city in England and Wales to study in (The Complete University Guide).
Postgraduate Virtual Open Day
We hold Virtual Open Days several times a year to help prospective students experience the University without coming to campus.
If you're considering taught postgraduate study or doctoral research, you can log in and join chats with members of staff and students.
Our next virtual events will take place on 6 February and 3 April 2019.
6 February 2019, 11.00-15.00 GMT
At Bath we are known for excellence in teaching and research; a superb student experience; and providing outstanding preparation for the workplace.
Find out what it’s like to study here without having to set foot on campus! By logging in to our Postgraduate Virtual Open Day you will be able to gather information on our facilities and research, and on topics like student life, accommodation and financing your studies. You can watch live webinars and join group chats with current postgraduate students and lecturers to learn more about the course you are interested in and life at Bath.
Join us on 6 February.