- A good UK honours degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Networking, Security, or Engineering.
- For those without a first degree, you may be granted entry on the basis of your industrial work experience. Such work experience should total five or more years in a related subject area.
Months of entry
Increasing expectations of ‘anytime, anywhere’ access to network facilities (whether from desktop, laptop, smart phone or tablet) means a constant demand for new networking protocols and technologies to keep up with the needs of a technologically reliant society.
This course is designed to give you knowledge of both wired and wireless technology to enable you to enter a career in this fast-paced industry.
Why choose this course?
- Study with staff active in networking and security research on a course with a balance of focus on wired and wireless technologies, working with a 64-node cluster, and other state-of-the-art equipment including virtualised environments as you advance your knowledge of both theoretical and practical challenges related to grid-computing
- Explore areas including network systems, computer security, networking administration and management, wireless networking, distributed parallel architectures, advanced security countermeasures, professional project management and emerging technologies
- Develop skills related to distributed networks (such as distributed and parallel architectures), ideal if you aim to pursue a career in networking, either in management or network set-up
- Gain in-depth skills in network management and administration (allowing you to work as a Network Manager) including essential security aspects, grid-computing and fault tolerance
- Benefit from developing expertise including components of professional qualifications such as CompTIA Linux+ and EC-Council CEH - equipping you for a career as a Network Engineer/Architect, in IT Support, as a Systems Analyst or Systems/Network Designer or in further study on an MSc by Research, MPhil or PhD.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries