UK applicants: should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
International applicants: a good honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution and an English language qualification are required (English language requirements). We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience. See International contacts for details.
Months of entry
January, November, September, July, June, March
Why choose this course?
From online behavioural marketing to in-game advertising, and from SMS marketing to app-based adverts, digital marketing has revolutionised the way advertisers sell and consumers buy. And as the established major players and ambitious start-ups continue to develop and expand the landscape, so a ‘digital skills gap’ has appeared, both in the UK and internationally.
- Learn the theoretical and practical skills that are demanded by the world’s leading digital marketers
- Explore the innovative creative concepts that are driving the latest global digital success stories, and develop the confidence to take your own imaginative ‘leaps of faith’
- Challenge yourself as you study the theory and practice behind audience behaviour and what make consumers buy (or not buy) products and services
- Benefit from studying at a university with recognised expertise in ‘Big Data’, and a campus that is home to Phase 1 of the award-winning MK Data Hub.
- All PG courses are available to start in Sep, Nov, Jan, Mar, Jun and Jul.
On this course you will undertake four 30 credit Units and one 60 credit project unit.
Our courses are designed engaging, attractive and flexible in the current global marketplace. There are six entry points through the year. This allows you to start when it is most suitable.
Your course takes place over three semesters.
- Induction Week
- Unit 1 (30 credits)
- Unit 2 (30 credits)
- Unit 3 (30 credits)
- Unit 4 (30 credits)
- Capstone or Law project (BLP) 60 credits
Our evidence-based approach is designed to enhance engagement and success by applied practice, working with other students creating the opportunity for network development.
- Brand Communication and Reputation Management
- Marketing and the Digital Future
- Strategy and Brand Management
- Digital Analytics
This Master's course provides the opportunity to undertake different types of project, a "Capstone" experience which completes the integration of your studies applied in one of the following:
- Professional Practice - you will be required to respond to a number of work-based scenarios through critical evaluation to determine an appropriate course of action.
- The Live Project - this will enable you to work as part of a team on a project provided by a business organisation.
- The dissertation - this is a conventional dissertation of 12,000 to 15,000 words, enabling you to undertake in-depth research of a topic relating to your course.
You will understand applied theory and develop critical thinking skills, which will help you to evaluate the relevance of what you have learnt. This will enable you to demonstrate rigorous expertise for a business or related organisation. There are two assessments per unit (4 units total), in a variety of forms e.g. reports, presentations and essays.
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
- Digital Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Digital Account Management
- Search and Social Media
- Web Content Management
- Digital Creative Development
- Marketing Communications
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD.
Fees and funding
Fees are £6,800. You can apply for a loan from the Government to help pay for your tuition fees and living costs. Visit Postgraduate loans.
See UK/EU Postgraduate students for full information on fees and funding.
Fees are £12,000.
A prompt payment discount is available if you pay the full fee before or at registration. There are also special scholarships available.
See Fees & scholarships for international students for full information.
The University reserves the right to increase tuition fees by no more than inflation.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0300 3300 073