UK applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
International applicants: a good honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution and an English language qualification are required (https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/english). We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience. See https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/contactus for details.
Months of entry
January, November, September, July, June, March
Why choose this course?
You will research and discuss the latest ideas at operational and strategic levels, and learn to recognise the people management implications of corporate goals.
· Study and analyse data using the latest techniques and knowledge, and learn about the contemporary issues and problems relating to the management of human resources in global organisations.
· Explore and analyse a range of perspectives relating to workplace organisation and its effective management to ensure optimum performance.
· Gain experience of a multi-disciplinary approach to the principles of HR management, strategic management, employee relations, human resource development, international business and management principles through an employability practice-based approach.
· Benefit from the development of expertise that will enable you to work as a human resources strategic business partner, giving support to other strategic managers with critical insights into the world of people in the workplace.
· All PG courses are available to start in Sep, Nov, Jan, Mar, Jun and Jul.
On this course you will undertake four 30 credit Units and one 60 credit project unit.
Our courses are designed engaging, attractive and flexible in the current global marketplace. There are six entry points through the year. This allows you to start when it is most suitable.
Your course takes place over three semesters.
· Induction Week
· Unit 1 (30 credits)
· Unit 2 (30 credits)
· Unit 3 (30 credits)
· Unit 4 (30 credits)
· Capstone or Law project (BLP) 60 credits
Our evidence-based approach is designed to enhance engagement and success by applied practice, working with other students creating the opportunity for network development.
· Leading People in Creative Teams
· Talent Resourcing and Development
· Employment Law in a Global Context
· Strategic Management
This Master's course provides the opportunity to undertake different types of project, a "Capstone" experience which completes the integration of your studies applied in one of the following:
· A six month work placement.
· Internship - this is an assessed activity lasting one to three months.
· The Live Project - this will enable you to work as part of a team on a project provided by a business organisation.
· The dissertation - this is a conventional dissertation of 12,000 to 15,000 words, enabling you to undertake in-depth research of a topic relating to your course.
You will understand applied theory and develop critical thinking skills, which will help you to evaluate the relevance of what you have learnt. This will enable you to demonstrate rigorous expertise for a business or related organisation. There are two assessments per unit (4 units total), in a variety of forms e.g. reports, presentations and essays.
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
· Human Resource Management
· Administrative Services
· Compensation, Benefits and Job Analysts
· Business Development
· Labour Relations Specialists
· Training Development
· Personal Coach Leaders
· Leadership Managers
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD.
Fees and funding
Fees are £6,800. You can apply for a loan from the Government to help pay for your tuition fees and living costs. Visit www.gov.uk/postgraduate-loan.
See www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/fees/pg for full information on fees and funding.
Fees are £12,000.
A prompt payment discount is available if you pay the full fee before or at registration. There are also special scholarships available.
See www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/fees-and-scholarships for full information.
The University reserves the right to increase tuition fees by no more than inflation.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0300 3300 073