This course is subject to approval. Entry requirements will be confirmed once the course is validated.
Months of entry
About this course
As the world recovers from an economic crisis that originated in the financial sector, the study of finance is key to understanding how businesses operate, governments exercise policies and countries operate and compete with each other.
This course will provide you with an intimate knowledge of the structural issues economies are facing and the way they are being realised in today’s economics affairs through the dominance of financial institutions.
Through blended learning you will study the theoretical background and work with industry on real business problems to develop the personal and professional skills you need to be a key player in this global, knowledge-based economy.
- Study the related areas of economics, financial markets and portfolio management, accounting and finance and strategic management.
- Gain advanced knowledge of financial organisations and institutions, as well as of government policies and the critical capabilities to apply theory to complex issues.
- Explore your enterprise, creativity and independence – the skills required by employers - through your dissertation unit.
- Develop your employability by undertaking a work placement with the opportunity to work on a live project.
- Benefit from studying with a Business School that has partners across the world enabling you to examine the cross culture perspectives essential to organisations in the global markets.
Areas of study:
- Accounting and Finance
- The Global Economic Context
- Financial Markets and Portfolio Management
- Strategic Management
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
- Banking and Finance
- Public Sector Industry
- Research and Analysis
- Financial Risk Analysis
You will also be well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details