Applicants need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a midwife registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Have a degree (grade 2:2 or higher) or equivalent professional experience.
- Currently be employed with a health or social care provider within a midwifery role.
- It is essential that students remain in practice throughout this course and can provide a signed letter of support from their employer confirming that they can provide the skills development and support required for this course.
Sponsored applicants who meet the above entry criteria will be interviewed by their employer and if successful and they met the criteria for entry then their details will be forwarded to the University Admissions Department for registration.
Areas of study may include:
- Concepts of advanced practice
- Advanced practice within the workplace
- Developing clinical and theoretical practice
- Patient safety and resilience
- People management
Months of entry
If applicants are already a registered midwife and ready to take their career to the next level, then this course give them the skills to become an advanced practitioner who can lead, innovate and enhance healthcare within and outside the hospital environment.
This master’s course covers all areas of your practice (clinical, managerial, education and control centres) and uses current work and development needs to build on existing skills and experience.
Applicants will be taught by a course team of experienced health professionals who will support them through any concerns they may have about returning to study.
To be eligible for this course applicants must be already working as a UK-registered healthcare professional in their chosen discipline (and remain so for the duration of the course).
- Study key areas such as understanding advanced midwifery practice in today’s profession, understanding the opportunities of the workplace and how health professionals challenge and lead change.
- Explore key areas such as mentorship, people management, patient safety and resilience, as well as clinical and theoretical practice.
- Gain sound knowledge and experience in a range of areas enabling you to progress to more senior roles and be recognised as a well-grounded and capable individual, with this potential supported by postgraduate qualification, experience and continued development.
- Develop critical thinking skills through learning how to evaluate and present evidence from a range of sources within your area of practice.
- Acquire specialist expertise as an autonomous learner, undertaking a research project that will contribute to advancing your practice.
- Benefit from a course developed by experienced health professionals who will prepare you for your return to study and support you to operate at an advanced level.
Information for international students
A prompt payment discount is available if students pay the full fee before or at registration. There are also special scholarships available.
See Fees and Funding for International Students for full information.
Fees and funding
See UK/EU Postgraduate students for full information on fees and funding.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24-36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0300 3300 073