Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent. To apply for this course, a degree indicating basic quantitative skills is required. Applicants from different subject areas will be considered on an individual basis according to their relevant professional experience or qualifications
Months of entry
- Study at a pace that suits your work-life balance – choose a one year full-time course, or if you prefer to study part-time, take two academic years
- Explore options in public relations, intercultural communication and international marketing
- Gain real insight into peacekeeping and security though studying with experienced academics and practitioners including a Clinical Professor of Peace and Conflict Studies with experience in peacekeeping as a military officer
- Benefit from a course that combines core international relations units, gender and peacekeeping with cultural studies, focusing on the importance of intercultural competence in international situations.
- Develop the skills needed to work internationally and engage in international issues in political, economic or business areas as both politics and culture integrate to shape economic, technological, demographic and social justice concerns.
- Learn using our employability practice-based approach incorporating real business to develop your strengths and skills in this area.
About the course
This inter-disciplinary course combines international relations, gender and peacekeeping with cultural studies, and addresses the need for intercultural expertise in all global situations. Focusing on employabilitiy, you will understand the growth of NGOs, the importance of the UN, globalisation of industry and multi-cultural communities made up of economic migrants and refugees. This integrated course prepares you to work within a wide range of economic, technological, demographic and social justice concerns.
By completing the course you will have the skills and find career opportunities in the following industries/areas:
- Non-Government Organisations
- United Nations
- International Relations
You are also well prepared for further research study in either the MPhil, or PhD..
Areas of study include:
- Brand Communication and Reputation Management
- Intercultural Business Competencies
- International Relations
- Peace Keeping and Security
Fees and funding
For details on the financial support on offer at the University of Bedfordshire please visit our website: www.beds.ac.uk/pgfunding.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1582 743500