In order to be considered, applicants will have or should be expecting to achieve an Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university (or overseas equivalent) in any subject.
Applicants who demonstrate being able to exceed the minimum entry requirements will be given preference.
Months of entry
Launch your global career by studying our innovative, practical-focused International Business MSc programme.
As the business sector continues to undergo a digital transformation, it has become even more important that the next generation of leaders understand the challenges facing international business. When studying our MSc in International Business, you will consider the latest practical issues facing international firms, including, the multifaceted concept of responsible business, trade-offs in operations, cooperative strategies, and new approaches to enhancing competitiveness. Through this practice-orientated programme, you will develop your problem solving and decision-making skills to ensure you are ready to handle the fast pace of global business.
The programme is designed around a pathway-to-practice approach that focuses on developing key skills including understanding the latest business models, international competition, optimising modern technology, innovation, and data analytics.
With responsible and ethical business practices embedded at its core, this programme will enable you to become part of a new generation of leaders who can make positive and sustainable changes to the industry.
On this programme you will benefit from international industrial links and join an innovative community of learners studying International Business. You will have the opportunity to learn and work with our staff and students from our Dubai and Singapore campuses, allowing you to gain international experiences from an educational and practical point of view.
Who is this course for?
This programme is for those interested in current international issues and who want to start a global career in business management.
Why study this course at Birmingham?
- Join an international cohort of students with access to a diverse learning community and opportunities to study abroad at our Dubai and Singapore campuses.
- Birmingham is the UK’s second city and is located at the heart of the country, making it a well-connected business hub to some of the largest global companies.
- Our International Business programme is a pathway-to-practice, co-created by employers, alumni, and academics, to ensure you are well-equipped to take on lead roles once you graduate.
- The University of Birmingham is a globally-ranked, world –top 100 university and is a member of the prestigious Russell Group.
- Birmingham Business School is part of an elite group of global business schools that holds the Triple-Crown accreditation from leading bodies AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB.
Information for international students
- IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in any band)
- TOEFL: 88 overall with no less than 21 in Reading, 20 in Listening, 22 in Speaking and 21 in Writing
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) including online: PTE Academic 67 with no less than 64 in all four skills
- Cambridge English (exams taken from 2015): Advanced or Proficiency – minimum overall score of 176, with no less than 169 in any component
If you are currently studying at a Chinese university, please view our specific entry requirements including our list of acceptable universities for further study at Birmingham.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Admissions