An upper second-class honours degree with a final average of 65 per cent or above (or international equivalent) in any subject other than computer science. Competence in mathematics must be demonstrated, with at least a good grade in GCSE Mathematics or preferably A-level Mathematics or equivalent university-level experience.
Months of entry
This MSc conversion programme is for students from a variety of academic backgrounds who have little or no previous academic computing experience. The aims of the programme are to build:
- an understanding of the basis of computer science and its importance in software development
- an understanding of the underlying principles of computer systems and their applications
- an introduction to industrial-style methods of analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation in software development
- an appreciation of the current state and future directions of technological advances in computer science.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team