Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
An upper second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in any subject other than computer science, or other programmes with programming experience. Competence in mathematics must be demonstrated, with at least a good grade in GCSE Mathematics or preferably A-level Mathematics or equivalent university-level experience.
Applicants with more than ten credit points of programming experience cannot be considered for entry to this conversion programme, and should instead apply to the Data Science MSc.
Months of entry
This MSc conversion programme is for students from a variety of academic backgrounds who have little or no previous academic computing experience. The aims of the programme are to build:
- an understanding of the basis of computer science and its importance in software development;
- an understanding of the underlying principles of computer systems and their applications;
- an introduction to industrial-style methods of analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation in software development;
- an appreciation of the current state and future directions of technological advances in computer science.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 117 394 1649