Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK 2:1 Honours Degree.
Months of entry
The MPhil in Micro- and Nanotechnology Enterprise is an exciting opportunity in which world-leading scientists and successful entrepreneurs are brought together to deliver a one-year master’s degree combining an in-depth multidisciplinary scientific programme with a global perspective on the commercial opportunities and business practice necessary for the successful exploitation in the rapidly developing fields of nanotechnology and nanomanufacturing.
The programme is intended for those with a good first degree in the physical sciences and engineering, who wish to develop research skills and commercial awareness of the cutting-edge disciplines of micro- and nanotechnology. The course will provide an unparalleled educational experience for entrepreneurs in these fields. It combines cutting-edge science with business practice skills, giving students knowledge and experience of a range of disciplines. This should enable students graduating from the course to evaluate the scientific importance and technological potential of new developments in the field of micro- and nanotechnology, within the framework for responsible innovation.
- be able to develop a discipline-specific terminology to describe and discuss relevant aspects of micro- and nanotechnology, as well as business;
- be able to develop their scientific writing skills through lab reports, literature survey, project dissertation, and scientific communication skills through oral presentations;
- be able to develop independence and critical thinking, as well as project management skills; and
- have the opportunity to develop team project skills.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time10 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details