Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK High 2:1 Honours Degree.
We require a previous academic background in sociology or related subject areas such as media and/or communication with a sociology component. This course is not suitable for people new to the discipline of sociology.
Months of entry
Upon completion of the programme students should have:
- an advanced understanding of current research on selected topics in the sociology of media and culture;
- an understanding of the basic principles of social research, the skills necessary to conduct independent research and practical experience in the use of research methods;
- an ability to apply modern social theory with respect to empirical topics;
- a deeper understanding of their chosen specialist area, including command of the literature and current research; and
- the ability to situate their own research within current developments in the field.
Learn more via the course page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time9 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details