Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK High 2:1 Honours Degree.
Months of entry
The MPhil by Thesis is offered by the Linguistics Section within the Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages and Linguistics (MMLL) as a full-time period of research and introduces students to research skills and specialist knowledge.
By the end of the programme students will have developed:
- a deeper knowledge and understanding of linguistic theories and problems addressed in cutting-edge research in theoretical and applied linguistics and related areas;
- the skill of critically assessing current research and methods in theoretical and applied linguistics and related areas;
- the methodological and other technical skills necessary for research in their chosen area;
- improved presentation skills through presenting their research in progress; and
- the skills and confidence to engage in scholarly debate.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time9 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details