Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK 2:1 Honours Degree.
There is provision to accept non-standard applicants who do not satisfy the standard academic criterion but such applicants must produce evidence of relevant and equivalent experience and their suitability for the course. Such non-standard applicants would normally be senior police officers (at least Inspector or above) or senior civilian personnel working with police agencies or in public-sector organisations concerned with crime and police-related operations.
Months of entry
The Master of Studies (MSt) in Applied Criminology and Police Management has the following aims:
- To introduce senior police officers and suitably qualified others to some of the most important research and theory in applied criminology and policing management
- Develop the skills necessary to locate, analyse and apply research to police operational strategies and tactics
- Develop the conceptual knowledge and understanding necessary to evaluate research methods and findings
- Develop capabilities in communicating the results of their research, conclusions and proposals in both written and oral form
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Enquiries