Applicants for this course are expected to have achieved a UK 2:1 honours degree or equivalent.
It is preferred that an applicant's degree be in a subject relevant, or related to, life sciences, medical sciences, computational or data science.
Months of entry
The programme has been developed by a network of partners with unrivalled experience in healthcare informatics to create a world-leading training environment.
Aims of the course
The programme will develop individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to understand and critically evaluate electronic healthcare data in a manner compatible with innovative commercialisation opportunities
The course will:
- Provide professionally relevant teaching and learning of the knowledge and skills at the forefront the successful understanding and utilisation of electronic healthcare data.
- Develop healthcare data experts with the necessary expertise, and originality of application, to pursue and expand their roles in the rapidly evolving environment of healthcare data.
- Promote a comprehensive understanding of the practical and ethical considerations relevant to healthcare data, informatics, innovation and commercialisation.
- Ensure a systems-based approach to the critical analysis and development of improvements in healthcare systems.
- Provide work-relevant learning around the current problems, best-practice, challenges and potential solutions in the use of healthcare data.
- Instil a critically reflective approach to the processes involved in the development of innovative and commercially viable opportunities arising from healthcare data.
- Create a professional network of like-minded individuals as leaders in the field of healthcare data commercialisation.
- Provide students with the skills and knowledge to execute the entire process from initial curiosity driven healthcare data queries, through to data analysis and visualization, healthcare systems analysis, change management, and developing skills for data entrepreneurship, commercialisation, and digital marketing in a work-relevant and practical manner.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- PGDip by research
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Enquiries