Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants should hold a 2:2 degree or equivalent professional experience or learning in a related field.
A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application.
IELTS: Score of 6.5 or above.
Months of entry
Our Master of Business Administration with Professional Placement is a highly respected business management qualification. It’s an intensive two-year programme focusing on leadership and strategic management and this distinguishes it from other master’s programmes.
This course is being reapproved under the University’s normal cycle of review. As such, the course structure and content may be changed to enable the University to deliver a better quality of educational experience to students.
Our programme is specifically designed for those wishing to either establish or sustain a successful managerial or professional career in business.
Prior management experience is not an essential requirement for this course, as a professional placement is incorporated into the second year.
If you aren’t able to undertake a placement as part of Year 2, you’ll be required to take a set of alternative modules equating to the necessary credits. This alternative Year 2 would mean the degree title awarded would change to MBA with Work-Based Learning, instead of the MBA with Professional Placement award.
Why study with us
- Enjoy a professional placement of 6-10 months in the second year of study – you’ll apply for paid positions on a competitive basis to secure a position.
- You’ll be taught by highly experienced and qualified tutors.
- Our course is well established and enjoys an excellent reputation amongst employer organisations in the private, public and voluntary sectors.
- Gain new business start-up expertise and develop your entrepreneurial flair.
- Undertake your own project work on a topic within the field of business management that has interest and relevance to your future career.
- Apply the latest thinking on business management to analyse the key problems being experienced by the world's major businesses.
This programme recognises the diversity of student learning needs and experiences. Teaching and learning strategies have been designed to meet these differing needs.
The multiplicity of learning outcomes within the programme also requires different approaches. You can expect a range of assessments on the course which are undertaken both individually as well as in groups, such as; business reports, case study analyses, reflective writing pieces, exams, course work, presentations and debates. Study tours, company visits and guest speakers from industry may also be included on the course, where applicable.
The course team is well developed in terms of teaching and learning practice established over many years and builds upon the previous business and industry experience of individuals, whilst maintaining good links with commerce and the professional bodies. Many staff are also actively engaged in research and hold doctorate degrees.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1772 892400