Applicants admitted onto the course will meet the following requirements:
- Be qualified as a Dental Surgeon and have a licence to practice dentistry
- Be registered with the General Dental Council (or equivalent)
- Be in professional practice or have a hospital appointment for a minimum of two years
- Be registered with a Defence Union - possessing indemnity insurance with cover at an appropriate level
- Possess indemnity insurance with cover at an appropriate level
- Possess a current certificate of immunisation against communicable disease (Hepatitis B).
Months of entry
Our MSc/PgDip Endodontology programme provides the busy General Dental Practitioner with a part-time educational route to acquire the skills and knowledge required of a Dentist with Special Interest (DwiSI). This programme focuses on contemporary practice, teaching evidence-based principles and systems to ensure an optimal outcome for the patient and practitioner. We offer MSc students 15 clinic placements in which we provide the patients at the UCLan Dental Clinic.
Work in the early part of the course will comprise plenary lectures and practical sessions in our state-of-the-art phantom head facility and work on pigs head and similar systems. As you move through the course you will progress to working on live patients under close supervision within the UCLan Dental Clinic. Here skills will be developed and assessed through Direct Observations of Procedural Skills (DOPS).
Course content includes:
- Thorough case assessment and record taking
- Treatment planning and case selection
- Working under magnification
- Contemporary techniques for cleaning and shaping canals
- Irrigation and intracanal medication
- 3-dimensional obturation
- Restoration of the endodontically-treated tooth
- Non surgical re-treatments
Information for international students
Have sufficient competency in English language (IELTS Level 7 or equivalent). Competency may be demonstrated by qualification, accreditation of prior learning or separate University assessment. See www.uclan.ac.uk/international.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiry Management
- +44 (0)1772 892 400