Access will be open to new participants with previous appropriate PG Diploma or PG Certificates but degree and extent of APL/credits will be agreed on an individual case by case basis. Entry requirements may include: First degree or equivalent plus work experience; Successful experience of level 3 final year study in last five years plus related work experience; In both cases the recommendation of line manager. If you do not meet either of these requirements, you will still be welcome to apply. Good command of written/spoken English. Links with an educational institution for practitioner research and work based learning.
Months of entry
This part-time masters award offers you a career-enhancing and attractive way of supporting and accrediting your Continuous Personal and Professional Development (CPPD) in Education. The emphasis is on flexibility, collegiality, collaboration, with a focus on practice and a critical approach to professionalism, underpinned by applied research. The M.Ed uses a suite of 25+ modules from across UCLan which are delivered flexibly across 3 semesters and in selected partner colleges. It is linked to a range of professional development awards providing flexible access and progression. You choose modules to complement your professional needs, culminating in an applied project for the MEd. The Masters in Education programme has interim target and exit awards of PG Certificate and PG Diploma.
- HE Teaching Toolkit;
- e-learning Toolkit;
- Methodologies and Methods;
- Designing and planning your research Project;
- Undertaking Research Student supervision;
- Application of Postgraduate Research Student supervision;
- Strategic Leadership in Education;
- Teaching Learning & Assessing;
- Enhancing Professional Practice;
- Student support & Guidance I;
- Professional SIM;
- Critical Professionalism;
- Curriculum Design;
- Action Research in Education;
- Double Project;
- Triple Project;
- Leading People and Teams in Education;
- Professional Writing and Communication;
- Educational Studies for Healthcare professionals;
- Writing and Presentation Skills;
- Personal & Professional Development in Facilitation;
- Personal & Professional Development in Leadership.
Information for international students
See our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1772 892400