A nursing registration (Part 1/Part 2) with the NMC which is currently considered to be lapsed (NMC Registration and Returning to the register). Or be a nurse/ nursing associate who is not able to meet the requirements of revalidation but still has an active NMC PIN number.
Your health and character must be sufficient to enable safe and effective practice on entering the programme (NMC 2019).
Satisfactory clearance on the Disclosure Barring Service (England, Wales, and Northern Ireland).
Occupational Health clearance.
Selection requires a values-based interview in line with NMC requirements.
Evidence of capability to meet numeracy requirements of the programme, assessed via qualification or entry test.
All applicants must show they have the capability in literacy to meet programme outcomes (NMC 2019). This is assessed via the application form and confirmation of previous registration with the NMC.
All applicants must demonstrate capability for digital and technological literacy to meet programme outcomes (NMC 2019) assessed at interview.
You must provide suitable references that meet the NMC requirements. References are reviewed by the Programme Lead.
Personal statement - you should demonstrate your motivation for the programme and reflect upon any practical experience that you have gained. Experience in a setting that encompasses caring and/or interpersonal skills in either a formal or informal context is essential. Your personal statement should be of a suitable length that can demonstrate motivation and reflection of your experience.
You'll have a face-to-face/online interview where it is expected that you'll be able to demonstrate the NHS caring values expected of a nurse/nursing associate.
Months of entry
Is nursing still in your heart? Come back to the career your love. Our Return to Practice course provides an opportunity to return to the Professional Register.
This certificate is perfect for qualified nurses and nursing associates whose registration has lapsed or who are unable to complete NMC revalidation requirements. On successful completion of this course, you will be eligible to re-register on the appropriate part of the NMC register.
This stand-alone module aims to:
· Facilitate the integration of theory and practice. Supporting you to achieve the seven platforms and associated skills annexes of the NMC (2018) Standards of Proficiency for Registered Nurses in your intended area of practice.
· Support you to achieve the six platforms and associated skills annexes of the NMC (2018) Standards of proficiency for nursing associates.
· Ensure your eligibility to register with, or remain on the NMC register. As a Registered Nurse (Adult, Children’s, Mental Health and Learning Disability) or Nursing Associate.
· Develop you as a competent, compassionate, autonomous, and accountable professional. Who is fit for purpose and practice under the NMC (2018) The Code: Professional standards of practice and behaviour for nurses and nursing associates.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Upon successful completion of 20 credits at level 6 for nursing and level 5 for nursing associates, you will be eligible to apply for re-registration with the NMC.
Course contact details
- Angela Irving