1st or 2nd class degree and experience working in a Project Management role. Applicants will hold an undergraduate degree in either Project Management or a closely related discipline and have several years of experience working on projects in a leadership role. Occasionally it may be possible for applicants without an undergraduate degree to gain entry to the course providing that they can demonstrate an ability to apply themselves to academic study at postgraduate level.
Months of entry
This unique postgraduate programme provides practising project professionals with the opportunity to enhance their skills as leaders in a complex project environment, and is the first university programme to be recognised by the Association for Project Management (APM) as meeting both the technical knowledge and professional practice requirements for chartership.
Led by the University of Cumbria’s nationally acclaimed Project Management team, and developed in collaboration with the Project Academy Ltd., this programme has been aligned to the APM Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) Standard. Students who complete this programme will also be eligible to apply for Chartered Project Professional status.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL...
- Study a unique postgraduate programme, designed to elevate the skills and knowledge of professionals currently working in a Project, Programme or Portfolio setting.
- Apply your learning directly back to your organisation with a flexible delivery pattern that complements the workplace environment.
- Study a range of interactive project topics, developing knowledge of fundamental project management concepts and principles, and maximising opportunities for professional development and collaboration.
- Work with the leading providers of Project Management education in the UK, partnering with employers such as Sellafield Ltd., BAE Systems, Rolls Royce, the NHS, and the BBC in recent years.
- Learn from our academic staff, who have a wealth of hands-on experience from a multitude of different sectors, including IT, Engineering, Finance, and the Armed Forces.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This postgraduate programme is designed to enable you to develop your technical knowledge and professional skills as leaders in a project, programme or portfolio setting.
This MSc Programme has been developed in collaboration with the Project Academy Ltd. and aligned to the Association of Project Management’s Chartered Project Professional (APM ChPP) Standard.
Please note that the order in which modules are taken will vary according to the intake point.
The MSc Project Leadership programme incorporates six 20-credit modules and one 60-credit module. Each module will contribute appropriate evidence to support an application for APM Chartered Project Professional status. Modules are delivered sequentially and you will study one module at a time over 8 weeks, including a study week.
Students on this programme will study a range of core topics underpinning Project, Programme and Portfolio management and aligned to the APM’s Chartered competencies, including:
- Budgeting and cost control
- Financial management
- Change control
- Conflict management
- Consolidated planning
- Governance arrangements
- Risk and issue management
- Stakeholder and communications management
- Team management
- Leadership and Professional Practice
- Project Leadership and Communication
- Leadership in Business Case Development
- Leadership in Monitoring and Project Quality
- Successful Leadership of Complex Projects
- Research Methods and Industry Project
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiry Centre