Normally an ordinary degree but will accept 30 credits at SCQF Level 9 or equivalent.
Months of entry
Designed to offer postgraduate education to nurses in a range of clinical environments and geographical settings, this course is ideal for UK based and international nurses to develop personally and professionally.
You will develop your ways of thinking, helping you to become an independent learner who thinks creatively to solve problems using evidence-based approaches, including critical reflection, application of theory, and critical appraisal.
You'll learn about researching, appraising, and applying evidence and how these concepts can be used in your professional practice. This will help to develop your confidence to critically analyse the research process and to then use this to influence practice.
The course is flexible and will allow you to tailor your own needs. You will study two core modules and two optional modules from a range of areas, such as:
- the relationship between risk management and patient safety
- the assessment, care, and management of acutely or critically ill adults
- understanding of organisational culture and a range of leadership models and theories
- the prevention, diagnosis, and management of long term conditions including acute presentations
This course is offered on a part-time basis and delivered through online distance learning. A small number of modules are also delivered partly face-to-face for locally based students.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time42 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1382 388544