Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Minimum 2.2 Honours in an environmentally-relevant subject or equivalent.
We would normally expect you to have Grade C in GCSE English and Maths. Most importantly all applicants have to submit a digital portfolio of their work and might be requested to attend a portfolio interview.
Your portfolio should demonstrate the equivalent skills and abilities of an ARB/RIBA Part 1 graduate. In summary and in particular, we will look for the following in the portfolio:
- Evidence of exploratory spatial design techniques including sketching, especially model-making and perspective-based imagery
- Sound technical knowledge of building design and conventional drawing abilities (plans, sections, elevations)
- Environmental and structural design knowledge
- Awareness of architectural history and theory
- Ability to synthesise the above into architectural proposals
- Depth of work, engagement and commitment to the subject
- Presentational skills
Months of entry
Our award-winning Architecture department enjoys an international reputation for excellence and for producing architects who combine technical skills with practical experience.
We believe architecture is about engagement. Rather than sitting in a studio designing buildings theoretically you will go out and work on projects in the local area - a thriving, dynamic part of London with huge infrastructure developments.
You will fulfil your creative potential and perfect your skills by working on designs that tackle real-life issues not just in east London but around the world.
You will engage with architectural events nationally and internationally. In 2014, our students exhibited as part of the Venice Biennale and at the London Festival of Architecture.
Our MArch Architecture course is fully accredited, furthering your progress towards becoming a qualified architect.
Students who successfully complete the course are exempt from Part 2 of the ARB/RIBA Examination – one of the three parts required to register as an architect in the UK.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details