Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Minimum 2.2 Honours in Psychology (BPS Accredited).
We would normally expect you to have Grade C in GCSE English and Maths.
Months of entry
This course provides full-time professional training leading towards registration with the Health and Caring Professions Council (HCPC) as an Educational Psychologist (this is a protected title). During the programme trainees will participate in University-based teaching and learning, modular assessments, research culminating in a doctoral thesis and professional practice placements in Local Authorities and other settings relevant to educational psychologist work.
This course will equip you to work as an Educational Psychologist in Local Authority children's services, Educational Psychology teams, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), voluntary agencies or independently. We are driven by our determination to work towards social justice for vulnerable young people and their families and for children with special educational needs and to advocate for their rightful place in society.
The Professional Doctorate in Educational and Child Psychology programme at UEL aims to ensure trainees:
- Develop the Standards of Proficiency required to work as safe and effective educational psychologists
- Understand the implications of the HCPC's standards of conduct, performance and ethics
- Develop autonomous practice and reflective thinking
- Develop appropriate research skills as a basis for evidence-based practice and practice-based evidence
- Respect the rights and needs of service users through a commitment to equal opportunities and the principles of beneficence, autonomy and social justice.
- Become competent and creative educational psychologists able to work effectively in educational and community settings
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Applicant Enquiries
- +44 (0) 20 8223 3333